0 Flares 0 Flares ×
As I wait for Hurricane Irene to hit Boston, I am reflecting on how Hurricane Irene is similar to a new trend or technology that makes landfall on a population of people.
- It usually gathers momentum and strength out of the public eye. Only forecasters can attempt to project it size and trajection.
- It has a vortex or core, and tend to sustain itself by drawing in anything within it's reach to the core.
- Even though people know it is coming, many people will be unprepared
- If you are in it's path, it will be all encompassing. If you are not in it's path, it will be a side note.
- While it's impact on a population is somewhat predictable, it's impact on an individual is not.
- While one side of the storm tends to get more rain, the other side gets more wind..in other words, it is experienced relative to your perspective on it.
- It passes…and is followed by another
Did I miss anything?